fbpx

Topic-icon Fasold's Characters

More
3 years 7 months ago #1780 by Kelemelan
Kelemelan replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Just a note put pantheons are hardly similar. Unless you include cards for ouranos and gaia as the all encompassing earth/mother and sky/father for instance, it's gonna be tough to have a set able to face the indian pantheon. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1781 by Kelemelan
Much easier if you go down a notch and go for mythological creatures, as Sade suggested, indeed. At this stage, you don't have to ponder if Zeus is more or less important than VIshnu or maybe Brahma, or should it be Shiva ? well, hence my original note. ;) :P
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Kelemelan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fasoldgames

More
3 years 7 months ago #1785 by Fasoldgames
Fasoldgames replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
I think you guys are quite right. Perhaps only 1 or 2 pantheons and gods and goddesses for the Jack, King, Queen and Ace only, and lower creatures for the rest of the cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sade

More
3 years 7 months ago #1790 by Kelemelan
I believe "similarity" is the key.

Latin, Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Babylonian (well european and mediterranean)... should work ok in the same deck, and for some reason I'd bet (it's a shot in the dark :) ) here that far eastern or mesoamericans pantheons should work ok too provided they are in their own decks. Regarding cultures from the pacific and dreamtime spirits, I believe you''d be even more qualified than me to answer that one iirc. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fasoldgames

More
3 years 6 months ago #1794 by Fasoldgames
Fasoldgames replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Yeah, I agree. Pantheons that have something in common, or a bit of a shared cultural history. I don't know about more qualified, you sound pretty smart to me :)

And I know very little about pacific gods and deities, I know a bit of voodoo, from games like Monkey Island and Gabriel Knight :)

But thats it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelemelan

More
3 years 6 months ago #1795 by Kelemelan
Oh, yes, religions like Vodun, Macumba, Candomble, Lucumi.... you could make another deck out of these. :)

Basically, christian faith plus west african spirits/divinities. Very interesting mix. :)

Copyright 2013-2019 Overhead Games | Contact: support@epicgenerator.net | Privacy Policy | EULA

We use cookies to improve the user experience. By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies.