fbpx

Topic-icon Getting Started without Photoshop

More
2 years 4 months ago #2972 by LBandy
LBandy replied the topic: Getting Started without Photoshop
If you take a look at the exported folder in the psd_template directory you should be able to see the structure of how a character is built.

If you just want to create a hair for the muscular guy for example, all you need to do is create a new folder in the assets directory, and call it char_mama_whateveryouwant. Create a pictures directory in it, and then put your image named 1.png in the hair (for preset colors) or col_hair (this is generally white items, can be colored in the program easily) directory.

If you've done that go the package_generator, and run the .exe with the following command line: ePicPackageGenerator.exe char_mama char_mama_whateveryouwant. Then all you need to do is let the program now that this package should be visible, open the packs.txt and enter char_mama_whateveryouwant in a new line.

You should be able to see you new pack in the generator under the ? icon, and if you run it you should be able to select your new hair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: caenissnow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #2973 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: Getting Started without Photoshop
I think I get it. :) I'll try that tomorrow. Tonight though I did it manually. :D

I'll post the results in my character thread and tomorrow I'll try putting it in the program. :) Thanks LBandy!!!!

More
2 years 4 months ago #2987 by caenissnow
There must be something wrong with the PNG i made in Photoimpact X3? I'm getting a hang when it goes to process the beard. I'm just trying to understand how the thing works before I start making stuff for now, so I only have the hair and beard in there right now and this is where it stops:

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong. :D

Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago #2988 by LBandy
Nice background of Geralt. ;)

Can you post a screenshot of you beard folder?

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #2989 by caenissnow
Yeah.... I can't get enough Geralt. :D I have about 50 wallpapers of him on rotation. :D

Okies... Here's the screenshot of the folder with the beard.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by caenissnow. Reason: forgot to click "insert".... :P

More
2 years 4 months ago #2990 by LBandy
Yeah, so all the images in a given a folder should be named as indexes. That is, you start with 1.png, and then 2.png, 3.png, etc...

Except if you have a category where you want to have an item by default (topdefault and pantsdefault for example), where you start with 0.png. But this is only relevant if you're working on a base, so don't worry about this now, always start at 1.png! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: caenissnow

Copyright 2013-2018 Overhead Games | Contact: support@epicgenerator.net | Privacy Policy | EULA

We use cookies to improve the user experience. By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies.